Many years ago, life originated in water, today more than a quarter of the surface of our planet is washed by water. Without water, no living creature can live on Earth. In ancient times, astrologers and magicians believed that it was water that served as a guide to the other world. She, like a mirror, can reflect the objects of the surrounding world. Water is used in various rituals.
A tattoo with a wave symbol symbolizes development and movement, a symbol directly associated with water. Therefore, the tattoo can be treated in several positions. This may be the personification of life or perpetual motion.
Wave tattoo means the following:
- Confidence that everything changes in this world.
- Continuous desire for self-development.
- Belief in own thoughts and achievements.
- Keeping calm in different situations.
- The desire to tell other people about their impermanent nature.
In tattoos, where water plays the main role is rather old, but at the same time they do not lose their popularity. Water means change, movement, cleanliness. This is the main essence of this life.
Of particular importance are tattoos with the image of the elements of water: drops, rain, waves, morning dew. Waves are considered a talisman. Tattoo is able to protect the owner from bad thoughts and evil people.
Sketches depicting the waves are very diverse, such tattoos are very popular among girls. The image of a wave with a dolphin, a clock or a ship is common among men. If you add a new element to the tattoo, you get a new value.
The most popular wave tattoos:
- The wave that is drawn in a zigzag. Such a pattern is most often done by girls. For them, the movement is the main credo in life.
- Big rounded wave. This image is in the shape of a square. This symbol represents decisiveness, self-development, harmony with oneself.
- A few waves. Patching is done by people who are connected with the sea. For example, captains, sailors. Also, this tattoo can do those people who love the sea.
Not necessarily wave tattoo should be done in blue. In the tattoo world, the following combinations are used successfully:
- white and black are used to create a voluminous tattoo;
- white and blue is a classic version in which there is an opportunity to realize difficult as well as simple compositions;
- black is suitable for linear compositions.